- sexual gratification from rubbing against the body of another person, often, specif., from rubbing against a stranger in a public place
- an artistic rubbing or tracing from a surface that is textured, raised, etc.
Origin of frottageFr, a rubbing, chafing ; from frotter, to rub
- The act of rubbing against the body of another person, as in a crowd, to attain sexual gratification.
- a. A method of making a design by placing a piece of paper on top of an object and then rubbing over it, as with a pencil or charcoal.b. A design so made.
Origin of frottageFrench, from frotter, to rub, from Old French froter.
(third-person singular simple present frottages, present participle frottaging, simple past and past participle frottaged)
- To rub, especially to rub onto one surface placed upon another surface that is textured, in order to create a mottled or patterned area on the first surface.
(usually uncountable, plural frottages)
- (uncountable, art) A method of making an image by placing a piece of paper against an object and then rubbing over it, usually with a pencil or charcoal.
- (countable, art) An image so made.
- (uncountable, sexology) The practice of rubbing parts of the body against those of a consenting partner for sexual stimulation.
From French frotter (to rub).