- to come together; meet; assemble
- to meet by chance; encounter
- to associate or have friendly social relations (with)
Origin of forgatherfor + gather, after Dutch vergaderen
intransitive verbfor·gath·ered, for·gath·er·ing, for·gath·ers, also fore·gath·ered or fore·gath·er·ing or fore·gath·ers
- To gather together; assemble.
- To meet another, especially by accident.
(third-person singular simple present forgathers, present participle forgathering, simple past and past participle forgathered)