Origin of forefingerMiddle English
A forefinger extended.
The definition of the forefinger is the finger nearest to the thumb.
An example of forefinger is the finger used to point at someone.
See index finger.
From fore- + finger.
- The officer on duty was a handsome, elegantly dressed man with a diamond ring on his forefinger.
- You can find anything from a plastic glove with finger brushes on the thumb and forefinger (my personal favorite), to a regular toothbrush, to a toothbrush you can put on your finger.
- The first line of treatment is to gently pinch the nostrils together with the thumb and forefinger, while sitting upright and breathing through the mouth, for five to ten minutes.
- Hold onto the face of the clip with the thumb and forefinger of your non-dominant hand, open the clip, and work the ends of the scarf through with your dominant hand.
- Look in the mirror; grab a few strands of hair firmly between thumb and forefinger, point scissors downward and snip to desired length.