- Present participle of flip.
- A mild intensifier.
- Where's my flipping watch?
- (euphemistic) Fucking; used as an intensifier to modify verbs, adjectives, and other adverbs
- Do you flipping think I'm stupid?
- Do you think I'm flipping stupid?
- Just how flipping damn stupid are you?
flipping - Investment & Finance Definition
Purchasing shares in an initial public offering (IPO) from the underwriter and then immediately selling them to retail investors in the secondary market at much higher prices. Institutional investors typi-cally flip IPO shares, but many brokerage firms have policies that prevent retail customers from flipping. If investors violate the policy, they will be prevented from participating in future IPOs.