The seed of flax, used to produce linseed oil and medicinal emollients and as a dietary supplement.
(countable and uncountable, plural flaxseeds)
- They recommend adding fish oil, flaxseed oil, or evening primrose oil to the child's diet to improve the condition of the skin, as many naturopaths believe that deficient intake of essential fatty acids is a major cause of AD.
- The alpha-linolenic acid found in flaxseed oil is said to be highly concentrated in the brain, making it a significant nutrient for brain and behavioral health and an essential for normal growth and development.
- For vegetarians who do not eat fish, getting enough omega-3 essential fatty acids may be an issue, and supplements such as flaxseed oil should be considered, as well as consumption of walnuts and canola oil.
- Chicken Meal & Rice Adult Dry Dog Food - With main ingredients that include chicken meal, brown rice, flaxseed, and other vitamins and minerals, this dog food is rich in nutrients and easily digestible.
- Preliminary evidence suggests some deficiencies or imbalances in certain unsaturated fatty acids might contribute to behavioral disorders like ADHD, which can be managed with flaxseed oil supplements.