- a yellow, crystalline hydroxy derivative of flavone, CHOalso fla′va·nol
- any of various derivatives of flavonol, used as yellow pigments and dyes and frequently found in plants
Origin of flavonolfrom flavon(e) + -ol
- A yellow crystalline flavonoid, C15H10O3, that is structurally related to flavone.
- Any of various derivatives of this compound, such as quercetin, found in foods such as onions, green vegetables, tea, apples, and grapes, and usually occurring as glycosides.
Origin of flavonolflavon(oid) -ol 1
- (organic chemistry) Any of several flavonoids that have a 3-hydroxyflavone backbone