(third-person singular simple present fires up, present participle firing up, simple past and past participle fired up)
- To ignite.
- Let's fire up the grill and have a barbecue.
- (intransitive) Of an engine or similar, to start.
- The generator fired up shortly after the power failure began.
- (computing, informal) To launch; to run.
- Fire up Excel.
- Fire up your computer.
- To excite; to infuse with energy.
- The band went out to fire up the crowd before the game.
- (intransitive, dated) To grow irritated or angry.