fire alarmfire alarm
- a signal to announce the outbreak of a fire, the activation of a smoke detector, etc.
- a bell, siren, whistle, flashing light, etc. to give this signal
- A device, such as a siren, used in announcing the outbreak of a fire.
- The signal, especially the noise, produced by such a device.
(plural fire alarms)
- An electromechanical or electronic bell, klaxon, chime, horn, speaker, strobe light or other device which warns people in a building of a possible fire or other condition requiring evacuation.
- The sound or other warning made by a fire alarm.
- (firefighting) An emergency response to a fire by the fire department with manpower and equipment.
- fire alarm pull station
- fire alarm control panel
- fire alarm system