- a shot, made while the ball is in play, that goes through the basket
- a score awarded for making such a shot
- Football a goal kicked from the field, scoring three points
See field goal in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Football A score worth three points made on an ordinary down by place-kicking or drop-kicking the ball over the crossbar and between the goal posts.
- Basketball A score made by throwing the ball through the basket in regulation play, worth two points or, if attempted from beyond a specified distance, three points.