fasciation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the condition of being fasciate
- a binding up
- Bot. an abnormal broadening, flattening, and clumping of plant stems, as in broccoli
fasciation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of binding up or fastening, as with bandages.
- The manner in which something is bound up or fastened.
- Botany An abnormal flattening or coalescence of stems, as in broccoli.