- The definition of a fart is a release of gas from the anus or an annoying or stupid person.
- An example of a fart is the noise that gas makes when coming from the rear.
- An example of a fart is someone who constantly complains.
- To fart is vulgar slang that is defined as to release intestinal gas from the anus.
An example of to fart is an audible release of gas from the anus.
Origin of fartMiddle English ferten ; from Old English an unverified form feortan, akin to Old High German ferzan ; from Indo-European base an unverified form perd- from source Sanskrit párdat?, Classical Greek perdomai
- such a passing of gas
- Slang a person, esp. an old one, regarded as a fool, nuisance, etc.
Origin of fartME
intransitive verbfart·ed, fart·ing, farts
- An often audible discharge of intestinal gas.
- An annoying or foolish person.
Origin of fartMiddle English farten, from Old English *feortan; see perd- in Indo-European roots.