- The definition of a fart is a release of gas from the anus or an annoying or stupid person.
- An example of a fart is the noise that gas makes when coming from the rear.
- An example of a fart is someone who constantly complains.
- To fart is vulgar slang that is defined as to release intestinal gas from the anus.
An example of to fart is an audible release of gas from the anus.
fart definition by Webster's New World
Origin: Middle English ferten ; from Old English an unverified form feortan, akin to Old High German ferzan ; from Indo-European base an unverified form perd- from source Sanskrit párdatē, Classical Greek perdomai
- such a passing of gas
- Slang a person, esp. an old one, regarded as a fool, nuisance, etc.
fart definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Vulgar Slangintransitive verb fart·ed, fart·ing, farts
- An often audible discharge of intestinal gas.
- An annoying or foolish person.
Origin: Middle English farten, from Old English *feortan; see perd- in Indo-European roots.
fart - Phrases/Idioms