- Your family tree is defined as all of the ancestors and descendants in a family, or is defined as a visual diagram showing who those people are.
A diagram showing the names and relationships of all of your ancestors and relatives is an example of your family tree.
A chart used to create a family tree.
family tree definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a genealogical chart showing the relationship of ancestors and descendants in a given family
- all the ancestors and descendants in a given family
family tree definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A genealogical diagram of a family's ancestry.
- The ancestors and descendants of a family considered as a group.