To fall due is defined as another way to say that a bill or loan has become due for payment.
An example of to fall due is a credit card payment that needs to be paid today.
Variant of due
- owed or owing as a debt, right, etc.; payable: the first payment is due
- suitable; fitting; proper: with all due respect
- as much as is required; enough; adequate: due care, in due time
- expected or scheduled to arrive or be ready; timed for a certain hour or date: the plane is due at 6:30 P.M.
Origin of dueMiddle English ; from Old French deu, past participle of devoir, to owe ; from Classical Latin debere, to owe: see debt
exactly; directly: due west
anything due or owed; specif.,
- deserved recognition: to give a man his due
- fees, taxes, or other charges: membership dues
become dueor fall due
to become payable as previously arranged
- caused by; resulting from: an omission due to oversight
- Informal because of: widely so used despite objections by some grammarians: the name was omitted due to oversight
pay one's dues☆
Slang to earn certain rights, privileges, etc. as by having suffered in struggle