- Fag is defined as hard work, a cigarette, or is a derogatory term for a homosexual man.
- An example of fag is working 14-hour long days.
- An example of a fag is what many people smoke.
- An example of a fag is an unkind name for a gay man.
- The definition of fag is to work hard.
An example of to fag is to work in the hot sun for 10 hours a day.
A cigarette butt is called a fag.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- to work hard and become very tired
- Brit., Informal to serve as a fag or servant
Origin: ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps fag end
- to make tired by hard work
- Brit., Informal to employ (a boy) as a fag or servant
- Brit., Informal
- hard, tiring work; drudgery
- fatigue; weariness
- a boy in an English public school who acts as a servant for another boy in a higher form, or class
- a menial worker; drudge
- ☆ Slang a male homosexual: a term of contempt and hostility
- faggy adjective
Origin: ; from fag end
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class.b. A drudge.
- Chiefly British Fatiguing or tedious work; drudgery.
- To work to exhaustion; toil.
- To function as the servant of another student in a British public school.
Origin: From fag, to droop (obsolete), perhaps from Middle English fagge; see fag end.
Origin: Short for fag end.
noun Offensive Slang
Origin: Short for faggot2.