- Something extravagant.
(countable and uncountable, plural extravagancies)
- (archaic, 17-19th centuries) The characteristic of being extravagant.
- (archaic, 17-19th centuries) A thing that is extravagant.
Variant of extravagance
- a going beyond reasonable or proper limits in conduct or speech; unreasonable excess
- a spending of more than is reasonable or necessary; excessive expenditure; wastefulness
- an instance of excess in spending, behavior, or speech
Origin of extravaganceFr: see extravagant