extrajudicial definition by Webster's New World
- outside or beyond the jurisdiction of a court
- outside the usual course of justice
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- extrajudicially adverb
extrajudicial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Outside of the authority of a court.
- Outside of the usual judicial proceedings.
- exˌtra·ju·diˈcial·ly adverb
extrajudicial - Legal Definition
Of an action, that it is of the nature of something that should be accomplished by legal process but has been done outside of the court system; for example, a statement made out of court is an extrajudicial statement. See also hearsay.