- outside or beyond the jurisdiction of a court
- outside the usual course of justice
- Outside of the authority of a court.
- Without the intervention or involvement of a court.
- (law, of a punishment) Carried out without legal authority.
extrajudicial - Legal Definition
Of an action, that it is of the nature of something that should be accomplished by legal process but has been done outside of the court system; for example, a statement made out of court is an extrajudicial statement. See also hearsay.