- Exhaustion is defined as a state of extreme fatigue, or a state of something being completely used up.
- When you are extremely tired and cannot keep your eyes open, this is an example of a time when you are in a state of exhaustion.
- When all of a natural resource has been used up, this is an example of exhaustion of the resource.
A woman deals with exhaustion.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the act of exhausting
- the state of being exhausted; esp.,
- great fatigue or weariness
- the condition of being used up; complete consumption
Origin: Late Latin exhaustio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act or an instance of exhausting.
- The state of being exhausted; extreme fatigue: The runner collapsed from exhaustion.
exhaustion - Medical Definition
- The inability to respond to stimuli; extreme fatigue.
- The act or an instance of using up a supply of something.
- The extraction of the active constituents of a drug by treating with water, alcohol, or another solvent.