- Exhaustion is defined as a state of extreme fatigue, or a state of something being completely used up.
- When you are extremely tired and cannot keep your eyes open, this is an example of a time when you are in a state of exhaustion.
- When all of a natural resource has been used up, this is an example of exhaustion of the resource.
A woman deals with exhaustion.
- the act of exhausting
- the state of being exhausted; esp.,
- great fatigue or weariness
- the condition of being used up; complete consumption
Origin of exhaustionLate Latin exhaustio
- The act or an instance of exhausting.
- The state of being exhausted; extreme fatigue: The runner collapsed from exhaustion.
(usually uncountable, plural exhaustions)
- The point of complete depletion, of the state of being used up.
- We worked the mine to exhaustion, there's nothing left to extract.
- Supreme tiredness; having exhausted energy.
- I ran in the marathon to exhaustion, then I collapsed and had to be carried away.
- (dated, chemistry) The removal (by percolation etc) of an active medicinal constituent from plant material.
- (dated, physics) The removal of all air from a vessel (the creation of a vacuum).