- simple past tense and past participle of excel
Excelled is defined as done very well at, or been superior to others.
If you always got A's in your science classes at school, this is an example of when you excelled at science.
- He especially excelled in comedy.
- Jackson considered feeding a sport; one he excelled at.
- After his elevation to the bishopric he ceased to produce the light verse in which he excelled, though his scruples did not prevent him from preparing a new edition of his Recueil de quelques vers amoureux (1602) in 1606.
- You've always excelled at everything you've done.
- He was identified with the Hudson River School, and excelled in pictures of autumn scenery.