- An example of something evidentiary is a video tape that was destroyed before it could be shown to a judge.
- A hearing where only evidence is presented is an example of something that would be described as evidentiary; an evidentiary hearing.
The definition of evidentiary is something that is based on evidence, or has to do with evidence.
- of, serving as, or based on evidence
- providing, or having the nature of, evidence
Origin of evidentiaryfrom Classical Latin evidentia, evidence + -ary
- Relating to, providing, or constituting evidence: evidentiary rules.
- Conducted for the presentation or determination of evidence: an evidentiary hearing.
(comparative more evidentiary, superlative most evidentiary)
- (law) Of or pertaining to evidence.
- Evidentiary investigations are common in legal proceedings