- simple past tense and past participle of evidence
Evidenced is defined as shown or proven.
When negligence is proven by showing that someone broke traffic laws, this is an example of when negligence is evidenced by the laws that were broken.
- The Triumph of the Cross is his principal work, but everything he wrote was animated by the ardent spirit of piety evidenced in his life.
- Language and WritingThe history of the Egyptian language is evidenced by documents extending over a very long range of time.
- The exhaustion of the treasury was evidenced by 1773-1789.
- From the mines of Thrace, and perhaps from the harbour dues and from the mines of Laurium, he derived a large revenue; under his encouragement, Miltiades had planted an Athenian colony on the shores of the Thracian Chersonese; he had even made friends with Thessaly and Macedonia, as is evidenced by the hospitality extended by them to Hippias on his final expulsion.
- But the progress of husbandry, evidenced by the production of larger and better crops with more certainty, is due to that rationalizing of agricultural practices which is the work of modern times.