- Evidenced is defined as shown or proven.
When negligence is proven by showing that someone broke traffic laws, this is an example of when negligence is evidenced by the laws that were broken.
- simple past tense and past participle of evidence
Variant of evidence
- Archaic the condition of being evident
- something that makes another thing evident; indication; sign
- something that tends to prove; ground for belief
- Law something presented in a legal proceeding, as a statement of a witness, an object, etc., which bears on or establishes a point in question
Origin of evidenceMiddle English ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin evidentia ; from evidens, clear, evident ; from e-, from + videns, present participle of videre, to see: see wise
plainly visible or perceptible