mountain range along the border of Germany & the Czech Republic: highest peak, 4,080 ft (1,244 m)
A mountain range extending about 150 km (95 mi) along the border of Germany and the Czech Republic. It rises to 1,244 m (4,081 ft).
- It is situated on the right bank of the Maros, on the outskirts of the Transylvanian Erzgebirge or Ore Mountains, and consists of the upper town, or citadel, and the lower town.
- To the east, from which an extensive view of the Bohmerwald, Fichtelgebirge and Erzgebirge is obtained.
- ANNABERG, a town of Germany, in the kingdom of Saxony, in the Erzgebirge, 1894 ft.
- In the Erzgebirge, the Thuringian Forest and the Harz Mountains.
- Except in the south, towards Bohemia, where the Erzgebirge forms at once the limit of the kingdom and of the empire, the boundaries are entirely political.