An example of an epicure is a writer for a food magazine.
- a person who enjoys and has a discriminating taste for fine foods and beverages
- Archaic a person who is especially fond of luxury and sensuous pleasure
Origin of epicure; from Classical Latin Epicurus ; from Classical Greek Epikouros: see Epicurus
- A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- A person devoted to sensuous pleasure and luxurious living.
Origin of epicureMiddle English, an Epicurean, from Medieval Latin epic&umacron;rus, from Latin Epic&umacron;rus, Epicurus, from Greek Epikouros.
- A person who takes particular pleasure in fine food and drink.