- The definition of an epicure is someone who has a refined taste for fine food and drink.
An example of an epicure is a writer for a food magazine.
- a person who enjoys and has a discriminating taste for fine foods and drinks
- Archaic a person who is especially fond of luxury and sensuous pleasure
Origin of epicure; from Classical Latin Epicurus ; from Classical Greek Epikouros: see Epicurus
- A person with refined taste, especially in food and wine.
- A person devoted to sensuous pleasure and luxurious living.
Origin of epicureMiddle English, an Epicurean, from Medieval Latin epicūrus, from Latin Epicūrus, Epicurus, from Greek Epikouros.
- A person who takes particular pleasure in fine food and drink.