- Enjoy is defined as to have or receive happiness, pleasure or satisfaction from someone or something.
- An example of enjoy is a child laughing while on a swing.
- An example of enjoy is a couple eating a great meal together.
This woman enjoys her meal.
enjoy definition by Webster's New World
- to have or experience with joy; get pleasure from; relish
- to have the use or benefit of; have as one's lot or advantage: the book enjoyed large sales
Origin: Middle English enjoien ; from Old French enjoir ; from en-, in plush joir, to rejoice ; from Classical Latin gaudere, to be glad: see joy
enjoy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb en·joyed, en·joy·ing, en·joys verb, transitive
- To receive pleasure or satisfaction from.
- To have the use or benefit of: enjoys good health.
Origin: Middle English enjoien, from Old French enjoir : en-, intensive pref.; see en-1 + joir, to rejoice (from Latin gaudēre; see gāu- in Indo-European roots).
- en·joyˈa·ble adjective
- en·joyˈa·bly adverb
- en·joyˈer noun
enjoy - Legal Definition
enjoy - Phrases/Idioms