Embedment is defined as the act of setting something permanently within something else.noun
When you press a penny into wet concrete and it becomes firmly stuck inside the wet concrete, this is an example of embedment.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of embed
- to set (flowers, etc.) in earth
- to set or fix firmly in a surrounding mass: to embed tiles in cement
- to fix in the mind, memory, etc.
- Comput. to insert (an identification code, a virus, a routine for monitoring access, etc.) into a software program
- to assign (an observer) to a group engaged in some activity: to embed journalists with a combat unit
- embedment noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.