electrovalence[ē lek′trō vā′ləns, i-; -trə-]
electrovalence definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the number of electrons an atom gains or loses in forming a compound during a chemical reaction
- ionic bondalso electrovalent bond
electrovalence definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Valence characterized by the transfer of electrons from atoms of one element to atoms of another during the formation of an ionic bond between the atoms.
- The number of electric charges lost or gained by an atom in such a transfer.
- e·lecˌtro·vaˈlent adjective