The definition of ecclesiastical is something derived from or related to the Christian church.
A written work associated with the Christian church is an example of an ecclesiastical work.
- of a church, its organization, or its clergy
- used chiefly in early writings relating to Christianity: ecclesiastical Latin (or Greek)
Origin of ecclesiasticalME: see ecclesiastic and -al
- Of or relating to a church, especially as an organized institution.
- Appropriate to a church or to use in a church: ecclesiastical architecture; ecclesiastical robes.
(comparative more ecclesiastical, superlative most ecclesiastical)
- Of or pertaining to the church
- ecclesiastical architecture
ecclesiastic + -al