- Present participle of eagle.
Variant of eagle
- any of a number of large, strong, flesh-eating accipitrine birds of prey noted for their sharp vision and powerful wings, as the bald eagle
- a representation of the eagle, used as a symbol or emblem of a nation, etc.; esp.,
- the military standard of the Roman Empire
- ☆ the national emblem of the U.S.
- ☆ the military insigne of a colonel in the U.S. armed forces (captain in the U.S. Navy)
- ☆ a former U.S. gold coin worth $10
- ☆ Golf a score of two under par on any hole
Origin of eagleMiddle English egle ; from Old French aigle ; from Classical Latin aquila, eagle