- The definition of dyspeptic is a person with poor digestion, something that relates to poor digestion or a depressed person.
- An example of dyspeptic is a person who doesn't digest dairy well.
- An example of dyspeptic is someone who's sad all the time.
- of, causing, or having dyspepsia
- morose; grouchy
Origin: ; from Classical Greek dyspeptos (see dyspepsia) plush -ic
- dyspeptically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Relating to or having dyspepsia.
- Of or displaying a morose disposition.
- dys·pepˈti·cal·ly adverb