- An example of dyspeptic is a person who doesn't digest dairy well.
- An example of dyspeptic is someone who's sad all the time.
- of, causing, or having dyspepsia
- morose; grouchy
Origin of dyspepticfrom Classical Greek dyspeptos (see dyspepsia) + -ic
- Relating to or having dyspepsia.
- Of or displaying a morose or irritable disposition.
(comparative more dyspeptic, superlative most dyspeptic)
- A dyspeptic person.
First attested in 1694. From Ancient Greek δύσπεπτος (duspeptos, “difficult to digest”), from δυσ- (dus-, “bad”) + πέπτω (peptō, “I digest”).