of, like, or soiled with dung; filthy; vile
(comparative dungier, superlative dungiest)
- Having the texture of dung.
- 1813, Charles Marshall - A Plain and Easy Introduction to the Knowledge and Practice of Gardening: With Hints on Fish-ponds - Page 354
- ...they may not be drawn up long legged; and by no means to let them have a dungy soil to grow in, or a very rich one...
- Covered in dung
- 1999, J. F. Gracey, David S. Collins, Robert J. Huey - Meat Hygiene page 167
- If, however, excessively dungy animals are offered for transportation, the owner of the animals is requested to clean them.
- Having an odor of dung
dung + -y