- Present participle of dummy.
Variant of dummy
- Slang a person unable to talk; mute: an offensive term
- a figure made in human form, as for displaying clothing, practicing tackling in football, etc.
- an imitation or sham; substitute for the real thing, as an empty container or false drawer
- a person secretly acting for another while apparently representing his or her own interests
- Slang a stupid person
- the declarer's partner, whose hand is arranged face up on the table and played by the declarer
- such a hand
- a set of pages with the layout, as for a magazine
- a bound volume with blank pages, used as a model for a planned book
Origin of dummy; from dumb + -y
- imitation; sham; fictitious
- secretly acting as a front for another: a dummy corporation