- a droll act, remark, story, etc.
- the act of joking
- quaint or wry humor
Origin of drolleryFrench drôlerie
- A comical or whimsical quality.
- A comical or whimsical way of acting, talking, or behaving.
- a. The act of joking; clowning.b. Something, such as a story, that is comical or whimsical.
- Comical quality.
- Amusing behavior.
- Something humorous, funny or comical.
- (archaic) a puppet show; a comic play or entertainment; a comic picture; a caricature.
- A joke; a funny story.
From French drôlerie.