- An example of adroid is a mechanical person who acts like a robot.
- An example of adroid is a robot.
- a person who acts in a mechanical, unimaginative way; automaton; robot
- Alternative form of droid.
droid - Computer Definition
(1) Slang for Android.
(2) The first Android phone to support Verizon's CDMA cellular technology. All prior Androids were GSM phones. Made by Motorola and introduced in late 2009, the DROID featured a physical keyboard for people who prefer real keys. It was also the first Android with free Google navigation software, and the stocks of GPS vendors took a hit the day after the announcement. The second generation of the DROID added features from the DROID X. See Android and DROID X.