- Dript is defined as past tense for drip, or a scripting language used in Drupal.
- An example of dript is what the water did last night during the rain storm.
- An example of Dript is a coding language used by non-programmers while managing content.
- (obsolete) simple past tense and past participle of drip
Variant of drip
intransitive verbdripped or dript, dripping
- to fall in or as in drops
- to let drops of liquid fall
- to be so soaked or filled with liquid as to have some trickle down or over
Origin of dripMiddle English dryppen ; from Old English dryppan, intensive form (; from Germanic an unverified form drupjan), akin to dreopan (Ger triefen), to drop, drip ; from Indo-European an unverified form dhreub- ; from base an unverified form dhreu-, to break away from source dreary
to let fall in drops
- a falling in drops; trickling
- moisture or liquid falling in drops
- the sound made by liquid falling in drops
- a channel cut on the underside of a sill, cornice, etc. for carrying off rainwater; also, such a sill, cornice, etc.
- Slang a person regarded as unpleasant or insipid
- Med. a continuous giving of a solution of salt, sugar, etc., esp. intravenously