Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the action of something that drifts
- the deviation caused by drifting
- that which has drifted or has washed ashore
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Deviation from a set course caused by drifting.
- Matter that has been carried along or deposited by air or water currents.