- The definition of a drawdown is a reduction, particularly of a water level.
An example of a drawdown is a reduction in the level of a reservoir.
- a lowering of the water level of a well, reservoir, etc., as in supplying industry with water
- a reduction or depletion
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act, process, or result of depleting: the drawdown of oil supplies; a drawdown of investment capital.
- A lowering of the water level in a reservoir or other body of water.
drawdown - Science Definition
- A lowering of the water level in a reservoir or other body of water, especially as the result of withdrawal.
- The difference in elevation between the level of water in a well and the level of groundwater in the area in which the well is located.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.