- any of a group of intermixed peoples chiefly in S India and N Sri Lanka
- a member of any of these peoples
- the family of about 25 non-Indo-European languages spoken by these peoples, including Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu
Origin of Dravidianafter Sanskrit Dr?vi?a, Tamil language
of the Dravidians or their languages or cultures
- A large family of languages spoken especially in southern India and northern Sri Lanka that includes Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, and Kannada.
- A member of any of the peoples that speak one of the Dravidian languages, especially a member of one of the pre-Indo-European peoples of southern India.
Origin of DravidianFrom Sanskrit drāvi&dlowdot;ah a Dravidian
- Dra·vid′i·an Dra·vid′ic