- realistic; unvarnished
- earthy, coarse, uninhibited, etc.
- fiercely competitive
- An example of down-and-dirty is the choice of language in a political argument between two political rivals; a down-and-dirty argument.
- An example of down-and-dirty is a quickly prepared, but detailed, summary of a business conference; a down-and-dirty summary.
The definition of down-and-dirty is defined as very competitive, realistic, or uninhibited.
Sometimes written down and dirty
- Intently and fiercely competitive, often unscrupulously so: a down-and-dirty political campaign.
- Bawdy; lewd.
- (informal) Thoroughly involved; hands-on.
- An adult dating chat can have romantic overtones and be part of a developing relationship,or it can be a down-and-dirty one night stand.
- Build for Comfort - Bunk beds will go together quickly and it's easy to do a down-and-dirty installation, but don't forget the niceties.
- Budget conscious woodworkers are sometimes looking for a down-and-dirty approach to furniture design.