- The definition of dispositional is anything related to putting affairs in order or a state of readiness.
When you are getting ready to go to war and you make a will and give a family member a power of attorney before you go, this is an example of dispositional planning.
Variant of disposition
- a putting in order or being put in order; arrangement: the disposition of the troops
- management or settlement of affairs
- a selling or giving away, as of property
- a getting rid of something: the disposition of wastes
- the power or authority to arrange, settle, or manage; control
- an inclination or tendency: a disposition to quarrel
- one's customary frame of mind; one's nature or temperament
Origin of dispositionMiddle English disposicioun ; from Old French disposition ; from Classical Latin dispositio ; from dispositus, past participle of disponere, to arrange: see dis- and amp; position