- an alcove or small, partitioned space used as a dining room
- a set of table and chairs for such a space
Origin of dinettesee dine and amp; -ette
- A nook or alcove located in or near a kitchen and used for informal meals.
- The table and chairs used to furnish such an area.
Origin of dinettedine + –ette.
- A small space within a dwelling, usually alongside a kitchen, used for informal dining; a dining alcove or nook.
- The condominium lacks a proper dining room, but has a cosy dinette.
- Furniture for an indoor informal dining space, usually consisting of chairs and a small table.
- We purchased a new dinette yesterday.