- Dieing is a misspelling of the word dying, which is defined as the process of passing away or changing the color of something.
- An example of dieing is when someone is terminally ill.
- An example of dieing is changing a tablecloth from red to white.
Variant of die
- to stop living; become dead
- to suffer the agony of death or an agony regarded as like it
- to cease existing; end
- to stop functioning
- to lose force or activity; become weak, faint, unimportant, etc.
- to fade or wither away
- to become alien or indifferent (to), as if dead
- to pine away, as with desire
- Informal to wish with extreme intensity; yearn: she's dying to learn the secret
- Theol. to suffer spiritual death
Origin: Middle English dien ; from Old Norse deyja ; from Indo-European base an unverified form dheu-, to pass away, become senseless from source Old Saxon doian, to die, Old English dead, Old High German tot, dead
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.