dextral definition by Webster's New World
- on the right-hand side; right
- having whorls that rise to the apex in counterclockwise spirals from the opening at the lower right: said of the shells of most gastropods
Origin: ; from Classical Latin dextra, right-hand side (see dexter) plush -al
dextral definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of, relating to, or located on the right side; right.
- Zoology Of or relating to a gastropod shell that coils clockwise and has its aperture to the right when facing the observer with the apex upward.
- dex·tralˈi·ty noun
- dexˈtral·ly adverb
dextral - Medical Definition
- Of, facing, or located on the right side; right.