- on the right-hand side; right
- having whorls that rise to the apex in counterclockwise spirals from the opening at the lower right: said of the shells of most gastropods
Origin: < L dextra, right-hand side (see dexter) + -al
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of, relating to, or located on the right side; right.
- Zoology Of or relating to a gastropod shell that coils clockwise and has its aperture to the right when facing the observer with the apex upward.
- dex·tralˈi·ty noun
- dexˈtral·ly adverb
dextral - Medical Definition
- Of, facing, or located on the right side; right.