- formed from a verb: the noun “thinker,” derived from “think,” is deverbative
- used in the formation of a word from a verb: the deverbative suffix “-er”
Origin of deverbativede- + verb + -ative
a deverbative word
- Formed from a verb, such as the noun worker derived from the verb work.
- Used in derivation from a verb, such as the suffix -er in teacher.
A deverbative word or element. Also called deverbal .
- (grammar) Derived from a verb.
- (grammar) A word or a component of a word that is derived from a verb.