- Deliverance is defined as the act or state of being rescued or set free.
When you find religion and are rescued from your previous evil ways and set free on a path to pursue faith, this is an example of deliverance.
deliverance definition by Webster's New World
- a setting free; rescue or release
- the fact or state of being freed
- an opinion, judgment, etc. formally or publicly expressed
Origin: Middle English deliveraunce: see deliver and amp; -ance
deliverance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of delivering or the condition of being delivered.
- Rescue from bondage or danger.
- A publicly expressed opinion or judgment, such as the verdict of a jury.