Deliverance is defined as the act or state of being rescued or set free.noun
When you find religion and are rescued from your previous evil ways and set free on a path to pursue faith, this is an example of deliverance.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- a setting free; rescue or release
- the fact or state of being freed
- an opinion, judgment, etc. formally or publicly expressed
Origin: ME deliveraunce: see deliver & -ance
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of delivering or the condition of being delivered.
- Rescue from bondage or danger.
- A publicly expressed opinion or judgment, such as the verdict of a jury.