delegacy[del′ə gə sē]
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- a delegating or being delegated
- pl. delegacies a delegation
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
noun pl. del·e·ga·cies
- The act of delegating or state of being delegated.
- The authority, office, or position of a delegate.
- A body of delegates; a delegation.