transitive verb-·barred′, -·bar′ring
- to keep (a person) from some right or privilege; exclude; bar
- to prevent, hinder, or prohibit
Origin of debarMiddle English debarren from Anglo-French debarrer: see de- and bar
transitive verbde·barred, de·bar·ring, de·bars
- To exclude or shut out; bar.
- To forbid, hinder, or prevent.
Origin of debarMiddle English debarren from Old French desbarer to unbar des- de- barer to bar ( from barre bar ; see bar 1. )
- A city in the west of the Republic of Macedonia.