- an official order to put a person to death
- anything that makes inevitable the destruction or end of a person or thing
- Law An official order implementing a jury's sentence of death and setting the date for the execution of the defendant.
- Something that destroys hope or expectation; a deathblow.
(plural death warrants)
- A warrant that authorizes capital punishment.
death warrant - Legal Definition
A warrant signed by an appropriate official, such as the governor of a state, directing that a sentence of execution be carried out.