- The definition of dead on is an expression that is exactly, 100 percent correct or on target.
- An example of dead on is when you throw a dart right into the bulls-eye.
- An example of dead on is when you correctly predict who will win the World Series and by how much.
This dart has hit the target dead on.
Informal completely accurate; exact; on target: a dead-on impersonation of the president
Precisely accurate and to the point: a dead-on impersonation; played the scene dead-on.
- very accurate
- Her Sarah Palin impersonation is dead on!
- (idiomatic) exactly at
- The train arrived dead on 2 o'clock.