- David is defined as a man's name that often refers to the second king of Israel and Judah in the Bible.
An example of a famous person with the name David is movie actor/producer David Arquette.
- a masculine name: dim. Dave, Davey, Davy; fem. Davida, Vida
- Bible the second king of Israel and Judah, succeeding Saul: reputed to be the writer of many Psalms
Origin of DavidClassical Hebrew (language) Dāwīdh, literally , beloved
- David, Saint (6th cent. ); Welsh bishop: patron saint of Wales: his day is March 1
- 1084-1153; king of Scotland (1124-53)
- David, Jacques Louis 1748-1825; Fr. neoclassic painter
Died c. 962 BC.
Origin of DavidHebrew dāwīd, beloved, kinsman (sense uncertain); see dwd in Semitic roots.
, Saint fl. sixth century AD.
(countable and uncountable; plural Davids)
david - Computer Definition
(Digital Audio/Video Interactive Decoder) An operating system for set-top boxes from the Microware Software Division of RadiSys Corporation, Hillsboro, OR (www.microware.com). Based on Microware's OS-9 real-time operating system, it is used for interactive TV, video-on-demand and Internet applications. Microware Systems Corporation, Des Moines, IA, was acquired by RadiSys in 2001. See OS-9.