- Mil. fire directed at an objective from two or more positions so that the lines of fire cross
- any energetic exchange, as of opposing opinions
See crossfire in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Lines of fire from two or more positions crossing each other at a single point: soldiers caught in crossfire.
- A confrontational situation in which opposing factions, forces, views, or opinions converge: “caught in the crossfire in a battle over Internet site names” (Denise Caruso).
- Rapid, heated discussion.
Learn more about crossfire