- To cross-check is defined as to verify or confirm something using alternative sources of information.
When you double check the facts in an article that someone has given you, this is an example of cross-check.
- to check or verify from various sources or points of view
- Ice Hockey to illegally check (an opponent) with one's stick held in both hands and lifted from the ice
(third-person singular simple present crosschecks, present participle crosschecking, simple past and past participle crosschecked)
(plural cross checks)
- (ice hockey) An illegal maneuver whereby an ice hockey player hits and pushes another player with their ice hockey stick while holding the stick with both hands, with no part of the hockey stick touching the ice surface.
(third-person singular simple present cross checks, present participle cross checking, simple past and past participle cross checked)
- (ice hockey) To perform a cross check.